FRESH THINKING FOR FORGOTTEN FOOD
Avoid food going to waste with Hotpoint’s Microwaves with Crisp technology. Use up those forgotten foods to create a delicious meal and rustle up perfectly crispy potatoes, succulent chicken and sweet roasted cherry tomatoes in just 12 minutes.
Expect more from your microwave
Our revolutionary Dynamic Crisp Technology enables you to cook foods such as pizza, halloumi & even a full english breakfast. The Crisp Plate and grill quickly reach the ideal temperature for browning and crisping, making food deliciously golden and crisp, even underneath.
Create the crispy chicken dish at home with our microwave – check it out here
SERVES 1 | TOTAL TIME 25 MINUTES
a red onion
125g baby new potatoes
3 sprigs of fresh thyme
1 x 120g free-range chicken breast, skin on
2 cloves of garlic
6 ripe cherry tomatoes, on the vine
1. Preheat the microwave to 200oC using the quick heat setting.
2. Lightly grease the crisp plate with olive oil, place in the microwave, and switch to the dynamic crisp setting for 3 minutes to preheat.
3. Peel and slice the onion into 6 wedges, and halve the potatoes lengthways, then place in a mixing bowl with the thyme sprigs, a tablespoon of olive oil, and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Toss to coat.
4. Using the crisp handle, remove the crisp plate from the microwave and carefully add the veg mixture, making sure that the potatoes are cut-side down.
5. Place back in the microwave and cook on the dynamic crisp setting for 3 minutes, then remove and give the plate a little shake to loosen.
6. Drizzle the chicken with 1 teaspoon of oil, season with salt and pepper, then place skin-side down on the crisp plate, moving the veg to allow the skin to touch the crisp plate, if needed.
7. Bash and scatter over the unpeeled garlic cloves, then cook for a further 3 minutes on the dynamic crisp setting, then remove.
8. Add the tomatoes, flip the chicken skin-side up, and cook on the dynamic crisp setting for 5 minutes, or until the chicken is crisp, golden and cooked through.
9. When the time’s up, plate up and tuck in. Delicious served with a seasonal salad.
Top Tip: Get crispy oven cooked results in next to no time with Hotpoint's Dynamic Crisp technology.
Nutrition: 418 calories, 19.6g fat, 4 g sat fat, 31.2 g protein, 31.2 g carbs, 9g sugar, 0. 8g salt, 3.7g fibre
Multiwave Technology ensures that every part of your food is reached, meaning no hot or cold spots & no need to stir your dish throughout the process.
Jamie Oliver’s home-cooking philosophy
Jamie Oliver - “Hotpoint have developed this Dynamic Crisp Technology for their microwaves and it’s really impressive. It cooks all those delicious things that you’d normally roast, but so much faster. Use it to knock out perfect roasties and delicious juicy chicken with crisp, golden skin. It’s the type of cooking that’d normally take an hour in the oven, but with Dynamic Crisp it’s done in 12 minutes. Happy days!”